Digital Forensics (also known as Cyber Forensics) is a branch of forensic science pertaining to legal evidence found in computers and digital storage media.The goal of Digital forensics is to explain the current state of a digital artifact. The term digital artifact can include any system, device or document which can store or transmit digital information. Digital forensics is seen more as a tool used to investigate the chain of events once the crime has taken place. But it needs to be seen as a preemptive measure to stop crime or terror incidents. Hence, a two-way consolidated model needs to be put in place to track terrorist activities and curb criminals.
E-mail has emerged as the most important application on Internet for communication of messages, delivery of documents and carrying out of transactions and is used not only from computers but many other electronic gadgets like mobile phones etc. Pyramid Email forensic services offer unique solution for email forensics on email messages attainable from disk or other storage; Our services includes
- Process, search, review and analyze email and ESI in a forensically sound manner maintaining chain of
- Our unique approach and tool allow us to find out critical data, visualize relevant relationships, and drill down to the most pertinent data.
- Process and search multiple email sources, file types, and metadata. View results in a visual layout of your choice and export the documents of interest in a wide variety of file formats.
- Discover the history of a message and identity of all involved entities.
- Investigate client or server computer suspected of being used or misused for e-mail forgery. It may involve inspection of Internet favorites, Cookies, History, Typed URL’s, Temporary Internet Files, Auto completion Entries, Bookmarks, Contacts, Preferences, Cache, etc
- Skin tone detected, regular expression based search, bookmarking of potential evidence,email data classification, detailed reporting of investigation stages etc.
Our tools and approach for email forensic is based on industry best practices and landmarks which are completely scalable, focused, and flexible to accomplish the need of client.
Pyramid cyber is specialized digital forensic company offering industry best services in computer forensic and investigation which includes disk forensic, cloud forensic and other digital storage media forensic like USB devices, Fire wire devices, CD, DVD, Flash drives, Floppy disks etc. Pyramid digital forensic team comprises of core technical and techno-legal background professional carrying years of experience and industry certification in cyber forensic investigation, and have experience to solve variety of cases related to IPR theft, corporate policy violation, child pornography, terrorism , data theft ,financial fraud and staking etc. We are using standard tool to dig into deep of data maintaining chain of custody and standard guidelines. Tools we are using are: Forensic Falcon, Access Data FTK, Magnet IEF, Westone Stegohunt etc. for complete cycle of investigation and reporting.
- Imaging and authentication of digital evidence
- Data indexing, processing and keyword searching.
- Find every file on the computer system, including files that are encrypted, protected by passwords, hidden or deleted, but not yet overwritten
- Ensuring investigations preserved all the information on the computer system without changing or damaging it.
- Recover as much deleted information as possible using applications that can detect and retrieve deleted data.
- Reveal the contents of all hidden files with programs designed to detect the presence of hidden data.
- Decrypt and access protected files.
- Analyze special areas of the computer’s disks, including parts that are normally inaccessible. (In computer terms, unused space on a computer’s drive is called unallocated space. That space could contain files or parts of files that are relevant to the case.)
- Testify in court as an expert witness in computer forensics.
Cell phone forensic is quickly emerging field within the digital forensic, today’s mobile devices are getting smarter, cheaper and more easily available for common daily use.Courtrooms are relying more and more on the information inside a cell phone as vital evidence in cases of all types.Despite that, the practice of mobile phone forensics is still in its relative infancy. Given the pace at which mobile technology grows and the variety of complexities produced by today’s mobile data, forensics examiners Pyramid specialized cell phone forensic services offer unique solution that best tackle cell phone analysis. Our approach to investigate cell phone is in three folds;
- isolation, and
Which is further followed by?
- Achieve and maintain network isolation (Faraday bag, RF-shielded box, and/or RF-shielded room).
- Thoroughly document the device, noting all information available. Using photography to support documentation.
- If a SIM card is in place, remove, read, and image the SIM card.
- Clone the SIM card.
- Physical/logical extraction of the cell device.
- Analyze/review/keyword search of parsed data from physical/logical extraction.
- Carve raw image for various file types or strings of data.
- Report of findings.