Pyramid incorporated under the Indian Company act 1956 is privately held corporation, promoted by seasoned parallel entrepreneurs Alok and Samir Gupta. Since inception Pyramid has been constantly building a team of professionals who are preparing to take Pyramid from being a start-up few years ago to a position of leadership in the niche space of Digital Crime, Fraud & Forensic Solutions and Services.
With over 24 years of rich and varied experience in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry Alok as a parallel entrepreneur co-founded several ICT companies such as Samtech, airJaldi, XENSIX and Pyramid, a boutique Digital Crime, Fraud and Forensic solution and services provider to Law Enforcement and Enterprises of which he is the Founder & Managing Director.
As a past member of the National Committee on Information Technology for Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Alok advised and provided deep insights into how can Indian Enterprises and Government leverage use of ICT and Information Security to compete and grow in the global economy.
As a member of The IndUS Entrepreneurs (TiE) Alok mentors young entrepreneurs. Alok is also the President of the Alumni Association of Birla Institute of Management Technology and a founding member of Birla Alumni Association Network. Alok has also been inducted as Board of Members of the Amity Institute of Cyber Law & Cyber Crimes and member of the IMS Law advisory committee. Alok is also the founding member of the DSCI Cyber Forensic Forum (DCFF) representing the Digital Forensic industry
Alok has been a frequent speaker at various events, workshops and forums in India and Internationally, some of them being
- Digital Forensics & Email Investigation organised by Department of Forensic Sciences, MHA, Government of India, Hyderabad
- Voice Biometric Seminar organised by Forensic Science Laboratory, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
- Latest in Cyber Forensics organised by Cert-In, Ministry of ICT, New Delhi, India
- India Cyber Security and Safety Summit, Pune, Government of Maharashtra
- Trends in Cyber Crime and Forensics, XX All India Forensic Science Conference, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Enabling ICT for e-Governance (e-India 2007) organized by Ministry of ICT, Government of India
- e-Governance Summit organised at New Delhi by IBM India
- Cyber Forensic Framework at Bangalore Cyber Security Summit 2009 organised by Department of IT, BT and S & Government of Karnataka
- Technology Driven Policing at National Police Academy, Hyderabad February 2010 for Senior IPS Officers.
- Cyber Forensics Challenges, National Seminar on Enforcement of Cyber Law by Cyber Appellate Tribunal May 2010
- Cyber Forensics-Trends, Challenges and Solutions, International Conference of Jurists, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 11-12th December 2010
- Innovations in Digital Crime Investigation-Digital Forensics at Bangalore Cyber Security Summit 2011 organised by Government of Karnataka
- Cyber Crime Investigation & Digital Forensics- Relevance for Law Enforcement & Judiciary at Dehradun, Cyber Meet inaugurated by Chief Minister, Uttarakhand, May 2011
- Digital Forensics & Investigation:Fraud Investigation & Control Knowledge Summit on 25th-26th August 2011 at Taj Palace, New Delhi conceptualized & organized by ITP
- Key Speaker at Digital Crimes and Fraud Investigation, National Seminar on Cyber Law organised by IMS Law College, 19th November 2011
- “Security” The Key Driver for Enterprise Mobility Summit, EROS Hilton, New Delhi, 30th November 2011 organised by Dynamic CIO and Grey Head Media
- Faculty at Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection using IT and CAATs and conducted certification training at Noida, Kolkatta, Baroda, Ahmadabad and Chennai
- Visiting faculty for “Cyber Forensics Training for Banks” organised by Data Security Council of India (DSCI) from 14th to 18th May 2012
- Visiting Guest faculty for Digital Forensics & e-Discovery at IIIT Delhi
- Key speaker at Cyber Crime Awareness workshops for Law Enforcement Officers at Bhopal and Chandigarh on Cyber Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics tools and techniques organised by Ministry of Communications & Information Technology in association with DSCI
Samir Gupta (popularly known as Sam) is the co-promoter and Director of Pyramid.
A seasoned serial entrepreneur and business leader, Samir is currently the Managing Director of Samtech InfoNet Limited (Samtech) an IT Software and Services company which specialises in providing niche application frameworks and systems integration services to Government and Enterprises.
Samir brings with him several years of in-depth experience in business development and operations management across geographies.
Samir has deep knowledge of Government and Public Sector and has special interest in the e-governance domain.
His charter is to drive strategic initiatives within the government and public sector to leverage and promote knowledge, competencies,solutions and services Pyramid has developed for this sector.
Samir holds a postgraduate degree in Management and a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics. His interests include socializing, event management and networking.